Wednesday, March 13, 2013
1. Columbian Mammoths lived in North America.
2. The hairs on a Woolly Mammoths coat could reach up to three feet long.
3. If lucky, a mammoth could live 70-80 years.
4. Most frozen Woolly Mammoths are from 100,000 - 30,000 years ago.
5. A baby Woolly Mammoth was found by a gold mine's bulldozer. He had died 400,000 years before.
6. One theory explaining why mammoths died out was due to new predators and plants.
7. Another idea is that they died out from a disease.
I wanted to learn more about Woolly Mammoths because they'd always seemed interesting to me. They were really cool to learn about! I love doing the Sid Shuffle, so I also wanted to learn more about the real animals from Ice Age!